Inside the Mind

So the real question is WHY?  Why have you chosen this crazy profession?  Why couldn't you find a different passion?  Why wasn't the idea of retail shoes inspiring? After you answer those questions there is a whole nuther set of whys.  Why can't I find an agent?  Why did that actor get the role and I didn't?  Why does the number of people who follow me on Instagram have any relation to my getting booked?  This blog will endeavor to answer some of these questions.  If you have been following me at all on social media you will know that I am guy who will give you the honest truth and tr to tell you what is really going on inside the minds of the people in this industry.  I will try to enlighten you on processes and procedures and give you a lot of hard numbers as to the WHYs.  I have been in the entertainment industry for 35 years and a talent agent for the last 29.  I have represented some of the biggest names in the business and made almost every kind of deal conceivable.  Is my word Gospel?  No.  It is just One Asshole's Opinion, but at least it comes from a place of knowledge.  I have always said that this industry is full of assholes with opinions and you just need to find the assholes whose opinions match yours.  It has always astonished me how actors will run off stage after a performance and ask everyone they see, "How was it?"  Who cares.  Ask the people who's opinions matter to you.  I have a few close friends that I trust.  Everyone in town can be telling me how great something is and if one of the people I am tight with tells me it isn't any good, than I believe that.  I may have a different opinion when I watch or see it, but most likely I will side with them, because they are assholes whose opinions I trust.  Some of us have better opinions than others.  In the coming weeks we will explore all aspects of this wacky business we call show.  I will state my opinions and hope you will learn something, or at least get a different perspective.  If you have questions or topics you would like to explore, please fell free to reach out.  So as the sun sets here in sunny Cali and the Dexter Gordon record comes to an end, I will say farewell for now and stay tuned as we take the 140 characters I was given on Twitter and try to expand it. @commeagent on Twitter and Instagram

Comments

  1. Thank you sir! Some of us are just trying to figure it out one step at a time. An honest opinion, even from an asshole is better than lies...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And Justice For All?

Acting in the Time of Covid

The Myth of Pilot Season